Nail-biting, nose-picking; it can be difficult to break any bad habit, big or small. But it can be especially difficult trying to break a bad habit that’s as unique as smoking tobacco. This Stoptober is the perfect opportunity to give the cigs a big ol’ boot; it’ll make you feel (and smell) a million times better!
If you’re struggling to keep vaping and stave of the cigs, here’s a few Vape Club tips to help keep you on the right track, and on towards that milestone of vaping prowess.
Make your Stoptober a Start-tober!
- Get a spare battery, even if it’s another eGo kit. You don’t want to be running out of power, or waiting for a single battery to charge back up.
- Consider getting at least two different flavours, to negate potential vaper’s tongue (temporarily losing the ability to taste).
- You will probably need a high nicotine strength to start with (depending on the device you choose), potentially get two strengths to see what suits you better.
- Ensure you have enough eLiquid to last, you don’t want to run out of this either – roughly 10ml per 3 days for beginner vapers. E Liquid is almost always cheaper online so it’s usually better to stock up in advance than having to pick up an emergency supply from a shop
- It takes roughly 3 to 5 seconds for nicotine to kick in with vaping rather than with a tobacco cigarette, which is about 1 second.
- Keep at it, it’s a different method to get used to but can be done with some persistence.
- If you’re feeling like you’re commitment is waning, just talk to someone. If not in person, there are plenty of online forums full of ex-smokers that have been in the same position.
- Try to convince a friend trying to quit to take up vaping as well – two heads are better than one.
- If you do have a cigarette, don’t feel like it’s the end of the world (or thirty lashes). It may take a few tries, as vaping is a rather different experience than smoking. They say it takes nine days to break any habit, and while quitting smoking tobacco may seem like a struggle, at least this is a goal to aim for.
- Vaping is a very customisable way to quit smoking. A setup that works for one person might not work for the next, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different hardware if it doesn’t work for you the first time. You will probably find that once you find the setup that works just the way you want it to, the transition will be almost seamless.
If you’d like to speak to us about any of the products on our website, or anything vape related at all, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us.