Building coils can be a slightly intimidating and daunting task, but they shouldn’t be considered completely out of the realm of possibility. They’re a great way to vape your eLiquid, although requiring a slightly different method to use properly.
If you’re interested in rebuilding, we’d recommend getting yourself some pre-built coils to use in your RDA. From regular and simplified wound coils, to the more advanced claptons and hive coils, we stock a wide range to suit every vapers need.
All you’ll need to do is select your RDA or RDTA, and use the following steps to install your pre-built coils onto the deck.
- Clean your RDA of eliquid, removing the cotton old coils and cotton
- Select and prepare your new coils
- Insert the new coils into the posts, and gently tighten screws to secure
- Centre the coil with a screwdriver, and use wire cutters to trim legs
- Use an ohm reader to check your resistance and make sure there are no shorting problems
- While firing the coils use ceramic tweezers to gently squeeze them to ensure the coils heat up evenly
- Cut a strip of wicking material a similar size to the coil – twist into shape
- Insert the cotton through each coil, trim any excess evenly, tucking the cotton into the well.
- Add juice until your cotton is nice and saturated
If you’d like to speak to us about Prebuilt coils, RDA’s, RDTA’s, or any of the other products on our website, please contact our team.